Improve your knowledge of the spread of antimicrobial resistance in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa and how to reduce it.
Learn about antimicrobial stewardship in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa
On this course, you’ll examine the threat of antimicrobial resistance in the Middle East, Gulf and North Africa and learn how best to tackle it.
You’ll discover the basic principles of Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) and learn how to implement an AMS programme at your practice.
You’ll also evaluate AMS strategies, explore the process of developing and updating local antimicrobial prescribing policies and using collaborative interdisciplinary approaches.
You’ll gain insight and advice from experts in the field and learn how to make the most effective use of antimicrobials.
What topics will you cover?
- What is Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS)?
- Overview of antimicrobial resistance action plans in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa.
- Basic Principles and Practice of AMS for the individual and for a hospital.
- How to start and maintain a good AMS programme at your practice.
Who is this accredited by?
This course has been accredited by the RCPath for 9 CPD points.
Royal College of Pathologists: The Royal College of Pathologists is a professional membership organisation with charitable status, concerned with all matters relating to the science and practice of pathology.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 31 August 2020
- 2 November 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Assess the relevant challenges and potential solutions of putting antimicrobial stewardship into action.
- Reflect on principles of best practice and how these can be applied in your practice.
- Develop strategic action plans for the intervention and implementation of antimicrobial stewardship within your healthcare setting.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of antimicrobial stewardship campaigns and how these can be practically maintained.
- Demonstrate how practices and their outcome in the Gulf, Middle East and North Africa fit within global stewardship schemes.
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship in the context of different hospital departments.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals working in the Middle East.
Who developed the course?
Founded in 1971, the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy exists to facilitate the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge in the field of antimicrobial chemotherapy.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.